My newest project isn't really scrappy related but I couldn't think of another place that I could put this so here I am. I have seen this on other blogs but until today I really didn't have much of an interest, it's 101 in 1001. Honestly over the past 2 years I have been battling some personal problems. It's not something I like to talk about and if you ask everyone I personally know all of them would have no idea. It's hard for me to open up to people and I'm actually shocked that I'm writing this. When I first started having these problems I created a small list in my head of things that I wanted to accomplish in my lifetime. Learn to knit, bake a pie from scratch, make my own laundry detergent, sew a baby bib, etc...which I have accomplish all of those on my list. Focusing on these items have helped me. I still do not feel 100% myself so I'm hoping that completing this newest list I'll find myself again. Wish me luck!
Here are the details: 101 in 1001 days
I started this challenge on May 4, 2011 and I have until January 29, 2014 to finish.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part). Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Here is my list so far...
1. Finish creating my 101 in 1001 list. (21/101)
2. Take public transportation.
3. Go to a play/musical.
4. Go to the drive-in movies.
5. Rent a lake/river/beach house.
6. Visit a museum.
7. Take 10 hikes at various locations. (0/10)
8. Lose two pant sizes and stay in the single digit clothing size. (0/2)
9. Do something for someone else (5 different people) that is completely unselfish. (0/5)
10. Sew a new “park” blanket.
11. Pay off credit cards. (0/2)
12. Visit 100 random blogs and leave comment(s). (0/100)
13. Plant and maintain an herb garden.
14. Host a dinner party.
15. Knit myself a scarf.
16. Knit winter hats for both my children. (0/2)
17. Get my passport.
18. Put together our will, living trust or whatever it's called.
19. Sell 10 scrapbooking books, pages, cards, etc... (0/10)
20. Take pictures of items when completeing them, if possible. (0/101)
21. Do a charity walk/run.